Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV 6-11

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV 6-11

My girlfriend has just been diagnosed with HPV 6 and 11. I believe she has started showing signs of genital warts. I have noticed a white milky discharge during sex. Please let me know how long she may have had this and how do females get this virus.
It is sexualy transmitted. Men and women get it through sexual contact. You can have warts for years before they show up, so she may of had them before you and only jusdt started showing symptoms. Or, you may have them but be asympomatic (dont show symptoms) and gave them to her. It is very difficult to tell who you got the virus from as it can lay dormant, some dont show symptoms and there are no tests for men to take.

It should clear in 6-24 months although reacurances can happen.