HPV Lawsuit
Dear Dr.'s,

There was a recent lawsuit in Grand Rapids, Iowa, concerning HPV and informing a partner prior to exposure. The link concerning the article can be found at: http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080811/NEWS/924657715/1006/news . I realize that you are not a lawyer, but it seems from the information that you have said on this website that it is nearly impossible to prove who gave anyone HPV because it can lay dormant for years and the fact that nearly 90% of the population is exposed to it at sometime in their life. I am curious if because the defendant was found negligent in this case for not informing his partner about exposing her to HPV, if your advice about informing future partners will be different now that it appears there could be legal consequences for not informing your partner prior to exposing him/her to HPV?
this is not the doctors forum but quite interesting!males don't know that they have the high risk strain of hpv..no test for them.they only know they have it thru low risk which is wart bearing.I doubt the doctors advice on informing others would be quite different after reading this.personally if i chose to become active again in a relationship i'd want the whole history of another.I was celibate for 10 years got high risk hpv...i do know who it came from.the cost of the entire ordeal-paps,biopsies,colps etc plus a LEEP surgery was around $5000,,thank God i had insurance.It was no small deal to me...i don't care if its common in this day and age....the fact that i could get it again is pretty scary.BTW my x who i got it from screamed at me i did not give this 2 u!