HPV Misdiagnosed
Hey

To begin, about a year ago I went to go see my family doctor because I had bumps all over my chest, arms, and genital regions. He though it was lichen planus or possible molluscum. Gave me  ratio-ectosome cream to treat it and it went away. In April, I noticed a small bump that almost looked like a skin tag in my genital region. Not much longer after that, what I though was lichen planus, starting appearing on my wrist/hands/chest/ and genital region again. At this point there were about 3 of this smooth round bumps in my genital region. They didn't resemble lichen planus so I decided to go get them checked out. Also the cream I had before wasn't working as well anymore. So I went to the schools walk in clinic and saw the nurse practitioner and upon glancing at the bumps she stated they were the result of HPV. I did my research online, and the bumps I have in my opinion do not look like your standard genital warts. They are quite smooth and round compared to genital warts which have the cauliflower look.
My question is; is it possible that I do have molluscum and have been misdiagnosed with HPV?
Would it be worthwhile to visit a doctor to get a second opinion?
Thank you
Definitely get a second opinion. The bumps could be anything and it isn't difficult to misdiagnose. I would go to a sexual health clinic or a dermatologist just to be sure. If you are sexually active you are at risk so I wouldn't rule it out, it's just strange you have these bumps all over your body.