HPV Warts Diagnosed over 10 years ago - am I still contagious
I was diagnosed with genital warts in 1996 and was treated for them. I was mortified and felt so dirty and ashamed. I haven't had any reoccurrences and have had normal pap smears since then. I have also had 3 longterm relationships since then. My most recent relationship ended after 4-1/2 years. No one developed warts while they were with me. I came to some kind of peace about my situation. I recently started dating someone and after awhile I told him about my situation and he ran for the hills. It was like it was 1996 again. I have no self esteem and feel dirty and ashamed all over again. I had my recent pap smear and dr said everything looked good. I asked her if I should even disclose my past to future partners and she said she didn't see any need for it. I think I would feel guilty if I didn't but the rejection fear is there and its real. What do you think? Should I tell future partners about my past? Am I clear of this virus now? Can I consider myself cured? I'm so confused because I read conflicting information on here. I just want to feel good again. But old ghosts keep resurfacing
hi,

i too had hpv back in 1999. had a conoidectomy and have had 3 children
and clear pap smears ever since. they say being pregnant brings
it back again but i was lucky not once but 3 times.

i think you shouldn't share this information with your future partner
unless he is a very intelligent and openminded person.

take care of yourself and dont think you are dirty
you have NOTHING to be ashamed of. would you be ashamed of yourself
if you had another illness ?