HPV and Herpes
I was recently diagnosed with HPV.  My boyfriend has Herpes and we always use a condom and I thought I was protected.  Is Herpes and HPV at all related?  Could I have caught the HPV from him?  Or is there any way of knowing if he has it
Herpes and HPV not related.2 totally different virus families.hard to tell where the HPV came from,depends on how many partners u've had.The Docs in the experts forums say the body can clear a hpv virus in 6-12 mos.It then goes dormant.U can then catch another one of the 40 some strains that affect the cervix.The wart bearing strain are viruses 6 and 11.he probably does have HPV and had...u need to protect urself with the genital herpes.....have u been to doc to get tested?
Like ibizan said, HPV and herpes are 2 completely different viruses.  All sexually active people have been exposed to HPV while only 1 in 4 people have been exposed to genital herpes.  Both viruses are for life so in that respect, they are alike.
They are definitely not related. I have to clear that mis-conception with all my partners.