Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV and Uterine Fibroids

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV and Uterine Fibroids

I am currently under treatment for a CIN 1 dysplasia related to HPV,  i was supposed to get a cryo or an electrosurgery this coming days but I got an ultrasound last thursaday and stated that I got large fibroids along with the cin 1 HPV, I am 35 years old and single, not planning on getting pregnant at the moment but neither have got rid of the idea of never have a baby, my doctor suggested to wait and see, another one said that I should take out the uterus and another one said forget HPV surgery after all you already have fibroids, in my mind i think why to keep 2 "worries" in my mind (HPV CIN1 and fibroids) if I can have just one (fibroids). I wonder if someone can tell me why there is no need to finish to "clear" the cervix if fibroids are present?. does it mean after all you are getting hysterectomy we might as well take the the cervix out. at it?... thank you!