Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV and fellatio

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV and fellatio

Three months ago I made a stupid mistake by hooking up with a girl who I didn't know very well.  I made out with her and she performed oral sex on me.  I am a virgin and this was the most I have ever done.  A week later I noticed little white dots on my upper lip and a few on my bottom.  I freaked out thinking it was herpes and over the next two months saw a dermatologist several times and got tested for every STD.  Everything came back negative and my dermatologist said the dots on my lip were fordyce condition.  Regardless I still had him check my genitals and he said everything looked normal but I heard him mention a few cysts.  A few weeks ago the edges of my lips started to become more irritated and I became worried that the "cysts" on my penis might actually be warts caused by HPV, the only thing I hadn't been tested for.  I went to another dermatologist last week and right away he said the "cysts" were HPV and froze them off without a biopsy.  However, he said my mouth appeared to be suffering from a fungal infection that could've been transmitted from the girl rather than HPV.  Everywhere I read it says that receiving oral sex is an extremely rare way to get genital HPV and an oral infection through kissing is rare as well.  I'm having a hard time understanding how I could have acquired a genital infection without an oral one.  Also could it have been possible for her to pass HPV on without any warts in her mouth?  I'm truly sick of all this.
You don't know that you had HPV. The first dermatologist didn't think so. It seemed like you wanted a positive diagnosis, and the second one gave you that.

People get oral HPV infections. I don't know if they are extremely rare, but they aren't nearly as common as the genital ones. Genital HPV seems to prefer genital skin. If the girl had oral HPV I would guess that it is easier to spread it to your genitals than mouth because your mouth is a more difficult site. I haven't heard much talk about kissing as a way to transmit HPV anyway.

My guess is that the first dermatologist was right. If not, at least your warts are treated. There is no sense worry about oral warts that aren't there.
uhm your doctor should have gave you a biopsy..