Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV and heart disease

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV and heart disease

Any thoughts on the study linking HD to HPV in women and presumably men?  They say non dangerous strains increase risk by 2 and dangerous strains by 3. What does that mean in real terms?  They say 1/5 of all HD could be solely from HPV. I was wondering if persistence is the reason. If you calculate all people that have persistent HPV (~10%), especially dangerous types, that could account for nearly all cases of this type of HD, not counting the cases that were dismissed because of other factors (smoking, etc), but also had HPV contribute to the HD.

The researchers admitted they didn't know if persistence was a factor, but it makes sense. This could mean if you have nearly 100% chance of HD if you have persistent HPV,especially dangerous types.

Does this sound right to anyone else? Am I not accounting right or forgetting something? Don't mean this to scare anyone, just trying to find the flaw in my "logic".
Heart disease comes from inactivity (office jobs, not exercising), eating unhealthy foods, stress, smoking, being overweight, etc. I think you're being paranoid here. I read your Doc Forum post and response and you are obsessed with thinking you have persistent HPV.  Nothing what you wrote here or there scares me at all. I sit at a desk 8 hours a day and I know this causes heart disease, yet I still do this to pay my bills. How does any doctor say that the HD came from HPV and not from the crap we eat, the crap we smoke, sitting on the couch watching TV, sitting at a computer during the day and night, etc?  If you are so worried about HD, I suggest you do what I did. Live a healthier life. Exercise daily, eat healthy, lose weight, get more rest, reduce stress, take multi-vitamins and other vitamins that boost the immune system, reduce alcohol to bare minimum and stop smoking if you're doing this. Have your cholestoral checked and get on statin drugs if its bad. I am 100% positive that I have HD from the junk food I ate and the inactive lifestyle I lead in my 20s-40s. I am trying to reverse it now but the odds of dying from it are slim compared the cancer that I will get from the sun, from polluted water, from processed foods, from cell phone radiation, that my parents and grandparents had cancer, the coffee I drink every morning, etc. People die in car accidents. What should we do, not drive?
Thanks for your time and comments!  

As a side note, research has shown that if you get up and walk/move/stretch every 20 minutes or so for a few minutes, it really helps. I recommend searching for "heart disease and sitting" for some really good tips.