Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV and menstrual cycle

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV and menstrual cycle

Does having HPV affect your periods at all? I haven't had a chance to talk to my doctor so that's why I'm asking here. I missed my period which was supposed to start in the very beginning of Oct. And my last period should of started last week but no sign of it. Not sure if it's the HPV causing this or other reasons.

thanks!
No, HPV will not affect your menstrual cycle, there must be some other cause for it. Is there any possibility of pregnancy? Have you had a LEEP or cone biopsy at all due to dysplasia caused by HPV? It may be time to make an appointment with a doctor.
No, having hpv will not affect your cycle at all. However, I did not have my cycle for 5 months after an unusually painful biopsy.
Hope this helps! :)
thanks for your responses.
I probably should've mentioned before that I was just diagnosed with HPV last week, so I haven't had any more tests or treatments yet.
As for pregnancy, I have had missed and irregular periods all summer. The ppl from planned parenthood said that the birth control pill I was on was causing that. But I'm not sure of that seeing as how I had been on that pill for about a year before all these problems started, plus I hadn't missed 2 periods in a row before. I guess I failed to mention that I stopped taking the pill in the beginning of Oct. because I was sick of what it was doing to my body and I had an appt with the doc. So could that be causing this period to be like extra late (it's a week late today)?
My guess is that the people at Planned Parenthood are correct. I had the same thing happen to me. I was on the low-dose birth control, but started having very irregular periods suddenly. Such as bleeding in between periods, and not having my period during the off week. I was told this meant the birth control was no longer working for me. And yes, I had been on that particular kind for quite some time (a year or so). I began taking the regular pill and my period was regulated quite fast.
Hope it helps! :)
I didn't have a period a month before I had my biopsy, and my doctor order pills to start my period, this was in December. I took them a week after my biopsy and then I had my period for a week (usually last 2-3 days). Then I had my in January and was suppose to have mine for February, but nothing.