HPV concern

I am new to this forum so I am no familiar with how everything works just yet but I have a concern. I noticed about 2 years ago this cluster of small red dots on the backside of my penis right around the skin that separates the shaft from the head. when my penis if flaccid and the skin is loose these areas resemble something that I think may be HPV but when i spread the skin I just see these very small red dots. I never felt the need to be examined in the past because my ex girlfriend and I never used condoms and her PAP results were always clear of abnormalities. (we dated for around 2 years). So my question is, is it possible for these patches to be genital warts even though my ex girlfriend never showed any abnormal results from any of her PAP tests ? Also is it possibe for these red spots to be something completely unrelated ?
Please go see a Dr. When you know what's going on with your body you will then be able to take some control. Good luck.