HPV exposure
How soon after exposure can HPV be detected and how long is someone infected with HPV contagious. How contagiuos is HPV. Is a condom suitable protction for HPV? Can HPV be travsmitted oraly?
I have only had one partner but my husband had a few prior to our relationship. 20+ years later I am tested for the first time and I have it. What I understand is the test can show you have had or were exposed to it and exposed to a certain group (number) but not which one in particular at the time of the pap. Like people with chicken pox get shingles later in life. The virus never leaves the body. Men give it to women (the whole double dip thing). The vaccine was only approved for a certain age group but any woman can get it. You just have to pay for it. I have had my first of the three series of shots. Runs $200 per shot. In my opinion it was a no brainer. Get the shot.  I hate the "label".  My doc says women don't tell their proposed partners they have HPV and men dont tell their partners they had sex with a woman that had hpv. It would be like saying I have gingivitis (gum disease so watch out for oral sex) or sun spots (so wash the sheets after because its a contagious fungi)  I would want to know. I think all the answers to your questions are: immediately, immediately, yes, no, yes lets see what the doc says.
Doctor: Can you also comment on  if there is anything in development regarding a cream or sponge in the works that can kill the chance of passing it on during intercourse?  Thanks