Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV information

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV information

HPV (Human papillomavirus) is a very common genital infection which will affect 3 out 4 sexually active individuals at some point in their life.  Unfortunately, many people do not know that they carry the infection because it may be completely without symptoms.  HPV is responsible for causing genital warts as well as a large percentage of cancers of the genital tract, including cervical, vulvar, vaginal and anal cancers.  Gardasil ® vaccine will protect against four types of HPV which, together, are responsible for about 90% genital warts cases and 75% of cervical cancer cases.  It is recommended for males and females aged 9-26 years and is covered by most insurance carriers.  While the best time to vaccinate is before any contact with HPV, Gardasil ® may still benefit those who are already sexually active since exposure to all 4 types is unlikely.
0%
 (0) 
HPV
0%
 (0) 
Gardasil
0 Members voted
My wife has one pencil lead size wart on her anas that was not there before. We married in 2008 and have had anal sex. We have been trying to afford Podofilox but it is very expensive and haven't gotten it yet. About a month ago we had anal sex. About a week later, upon another ejaculation, everything immediately started spinning and I got very sic, heaving and  vomiting for about 24 hours. I have been dizzy with vertigo and ringing in the ears ever since, over three weeks now. Also, once I wasn't vomiting any more I noticed a very wet, red rash in my left groin that had developed with two red, jagged warts, one of which was oozing clear fluid. This rash smelled very back, almost like human crap. Assuming it was bacterial I immediately started hitting the rash with everything I could to clean, dry and combat infection. I first used household bacterial disenfectant wipes and strangly enought the warts fell off and disappeared. I continued to apply lotrimin and even alternated with zivorax cream. The rash is gone now but the sweat there will smell again if I don't keep it clean. The smell has changed and is no longer offensive like it was. I continue to put lotriman on it and the skin is back to normal now. The only thing left from this experience is the ringing in the ears and vertigo. I feel like I'm drunk and things still spin when I first lay down and close my eyes. It's been about four  weeks now. I did take 9 days of Amoxocillin but my pharmicist said that might not be the right one for what I have. I am allergic to Pennicillin (penicillin). We have no money but would like to try something else. If I knew what to try I would go to TJ, MEX and get it. They also have Podofilox very cheap. Jim in San Diego CA
CORRECTION: I meant to say, "pencil eraser size wart".
Dr. Krishful...I’m not sure I understand. First your poll does not make sense—There is no answer because you did not ask a question and then you want someone to choose either Gardasil or HPV when you did not pose a question. Are you looking for business or is this a paid advertisement by Merck. Most people on this site have HPV. If you have HPV strains specifically 6, 11, 16, and 18, the vaccine does not work for the HPV strain you are positive and is a total waste of money. And you can be positive for more than one strain. It appears this is your first time to this site and your first post. This appears to be a sham posting. I presume you know the most recent death rate from cervical cancer is 1.7 per 100,000 women in the US reported November 2010 far less than the reported serious reactions to Gardasil at approx 12.4 per 100,000. I like the way you say it MAY STILL BENEFIT, when you have definite proof that it will prevent HPV I would love to read the statistics. It is not a vaccine to prevent cancer. HPV is transient infection that clears in most people with time. It is a very expensive vaccine for a “maybe result or maybe protection”!