Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV multiple strains?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HPV multiple strains?

I was diagnosed with HPV in August of this last year.  My Dr told me to just make sure that I got my paps done every three months because I might be at risk for cervical cancer (did have abnormal pap) My lab results show low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion.  My HV also showed High Risk for the 13 high risk types (Positve A).  

One month ago I found a cluster of warts on the apex (top) of my vagina.  The dr bipsied and removed three confirmed warts.  Now, I had three more removed again.  I have not been sexually active since I saw the first breakout.  I do not know how I am still developing warts as my Dr told me they are spread from contact of my cervix and then touching outside of my vagina.  

Are these warts a different virus strain than the HPV that causes cancer and if so, do I have both?
If I have the virus that causes warts will they ever go away on their own? What can I do to get rid of them for good or make sure I dont eventally spread them from a partner back to me again?  

I am quite lost on how to get rid of these warts if the cause is internal?  Thanks in advance for your help.
Q: Are these warts a different virus strain than the HPV that causes cancer and if so, do I have both?  If I have the virus that causes warts will they ever go away on their own? What can I do to get rid of them for good or make sure I dont eventally spread them from a partner back to me again?

A: Yes, they are different. You have multiple strains (both). The low risk strains produces warts and the high risk strains sometimes lead to pre-cancer or cancer. Warts usually go away after they are removed and for 90% of all people in 6-24 months. For a majority, they do not return if you have a boosted immune system. Start leading a healthier life. Exercise regularly, eat healthy, stop smoking if you are doing this, drink less booze or not at all (beer and ales are especially bad for recovering from HPV), reduce stress, increase rest and take vitamins that boost immune systems (A, C, E, multi-vitamins, Zine, Folic Acid, etc).  
Blank
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979