Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV or folliculitis ??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV or folliculitis ??

I shaved my region about 3 weeks ago because i am a pretty hairy guy and its the summer time and im athletic. I found a bump yesterday. I dont look down there a lot because my interest in sex is dwindling. I am 25 years old. The bump that i found on my scrotum is hard and not painful although it is kind of itchy. I had protected sex about a month ago. I recently went to the doctor and he told me that there is no way to tell if it is hpv or not. I just dont buy that. He says that it doesnt look like hpv and if i  did have it there would be more than one of these. He kind of diagnosed it as folliculitis but im not sure. I dont have closure. they gave me a blood test and i am awaiting the results. he refused to do a biopsy on it because it is on my scrotum although it is not internal. I am really sick and cannot eat over this. i have thought about shooting myself in the head over it and i am throwing up because i am so upset. any insight would be greatly appreciated. Is there ANY WAY TO POSITIVELY DIAGNOSE THIS? i am thinking about cutting it or poking it to see if something comes out.
PLEASE HELP