Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV penis to hands to penis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV penis to hands to penis

Can HPV truly infect my hands when I masturbate another man with warts on his penis?

I masturbated this guy for 5 minutes with my own saliva when I noticed this growth near the base of his penis. What are the chances my hands got infected and I'll have warts appearing on them in a few months? I had a few cuts on my hands from work so I am very worried. Is it possible to transmit that to other parts of my body? I was completely clothed during this event and stopped masturbating him once I noticed it.

This is the second person I get together with in three months and both had warts on their penises. And they both did not consider it an STD, just a "normal" growth and when I asked if they had any STDS when meeting them for the first time, they said NO... I was so upset after my last hook up that I haven't attempted to meet anybody else, and now the same thing happens again.
Tags: HPV, penis, hand, STDs, Warts
Its not likely that you would catch a genital infection this way. Just be careful and wash :) I have genital warts and I itch them sometimes, but will not get warts on my hands-the skin differs very greatly from genitals to hands and feet. The warts that appear on hands are a different strain of HPV than that of the genitals, which you will see in the STD "ask a doctor forum".
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers