Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV ping-pong
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HPV ping-pong

My boyfriend and I both have HPV, we understand that there's no way to tell who had it first and honestly we don't really care. We are however concerned that we could be ping-ponging it back and forth to each other. I've read online that the only way to be sure that we stop the passing is by not having sex... for at least 2 years... is there anything else we can do??? I was given the gardasil shot when I first showed symptoms, and I just read on their site that's it's since been cleared for use by men. Could that help us, or has that shipped already sailed?
Related Discussions
1256465_tn?1269665299
Once you acquire the virus, there is no evidence that the Gardasil shot has any effect against that specific subtype. However, it would still be useful against the others... this does not help with your so called 'ping-pong' effect though.

I have read a substantial amount of information on HPV and talked to over ten doctors personally. There seems to be more evidence in favor of the ping-pong effect not being so problematic. If you both have your warts removed, and your bf wears a condom for roughly 6 months with no recurrences for either of you, then it can be expected that you two can safely have sex without constant worry. Think of it like getting a wart on your hand.... you get it frozen off, and that is the end of it usually. Sometimes, although unlikely, one will sprout up later, but this cycle is naturally diminishing. After 6 months of clearance, there is no good reason to suspect it to reappear.

My Best,
Rainn
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949