HPV questions
I have 2 questions.  What effects does HPV have on men and can it be given to a baby during child birth?  Thank you.
HPV really has no effects on men unless they get the wart bearing strain...only way they know they have it...and if they get the non-wart bearing strain it can clear from the body given a healthy immune system in 6-12 months.There isn't a test yet developed for detecting HPV in men.If a woman has internal untreated HPV warts it can be passed to a baby in utero..shows up in baby's throat...there is a recent post from a woman regarding this here.
The only way to transmit HPV to an unborn baby, is if you currently have an outbreak when the baby is born and passes through the birth cannal. If you are not having an outbreak when the baby is born, then no the baby will not contract it.
Thanks,

My babies are 12 and 9, and have never had issues, but I have had several incidents of dysplasia (cervix twice-hysterectomy, now a level 3 on my vulva).  I go in on the 20th to have it removed.  I am pretty nervous.  I just got to thinking of my girls and thought "oh no" but did not have any issues during pregnancy or birth.  I would be aware if they had any problems anyway right??  Well, thanks again!  
If they were going to have problems, they would have shown them by now... Your children are fine.. And as long as you weren't in the middle of a break out when your children were born, then they wouldn't have contracted the virus. :-)
Thank you...