Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV; swollen lymph node in groin

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV; swollen lymph node in groin

I am a 24 year old female and 4 months ago I was diagnosed with HPV; genital warts. She assumed I've had the virus for a long time because I've been with the same guy for a year and was married for 6 before that. I only had a few and the cream took them away just like that so I am very happy so far.

My question is a few weeks ago I had a leg pain and my lymph node in my groin started to swell and it is EXTREMELY painful. I can barely walk and I have a 3 year old I have to chase after. I went to the doctor today and he said it was most likely an infection and gave me the antibiotic DOXYCYCLINE HYC 100 MG. I did not tell him about the HPV because he didn't ask and I don't share that information freely and I didn't think it had anything to do with it. SO.. anyone else with HPV; genital warts have similar symptoms with their lymph nodes?
Since you are having severe leg pain and swollen lymph node it needs further evaluation. HPV warts won’t cause the leg pain. Lymphadenopathy occurs in relation to an infection.

For your symptoms cellulitis needs to be ruled out. Cellulitis is an acute infection of skin and soft tissues characterized by localized pain, swelling, tenderness, erythema, and warmth.It usually follows a break in the skin, such as a fissure, cut, laceration, insect bite, or puncture wound.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.