Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV

I recently had a pap and the results came back abnormal,my doc today said it might be HPV ...I'm sceduled to get another pap but for now can anyone tell me their experiences with HPV? I'm not to familiar with it and want to know more.
Tags: HPV
Hi and welcome. The below if from the Center for Disease control.

Genital human papillomavirus (also called HPV) is the most common sexually transmitted infection (STI). There are more than 40 types of HPV that can infect the genital areas of males and females. These HPV types can also infect the mouth and throat.
In most cases HPV goes away by itself before it causes any health problems, and most people who become infected with HPV do not even know they have it.
Anyone who is having (or has ever had) sex can get HPV. HPV is so common that nearly all sexually-active men and women get it at some point in their lives. This is true even for people who only have sex with one person in their lifetime.