Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Had sex with someone with HPV
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Had sex with someone with HPV

This girl I am dating over the last 6 months mentioned to me that she had was diagnosed positive for HPV a week ago. She mentioned that she had that condition a few years ago and its reoccurring right now. We did have sex a last week too ( with condom ). Now there is a possibility that I am infected with HPV too, however I don't have any symptoms or warts of any kind. Would this mean that I am not infected? Or resistant to this HPV strain somehow? Or should I stop sleeping with this girl as I am not in a committed relationship with her? Unfortunately there is no way of verifying this infection unless there are warts as per the doctor. I do like this girl and want to see where this is going however, I feel like I m stuck with HPV if this doesn't workout. Any advice?
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
yeah, don't have sex with her unless you want to get HPV. You may already have it, you might not.  What if you don't have it can continue to have sex with her and end up with it? Is that worth it?

My advice is to move on... unless you think she's the one your going to marry.  You may not ever have any symptoms or you might get some in about 6 months.  Even if you use a condom, you're still taking a risk and still susceptible.  If you do get it, go get treatment right away.
Blank
4933324_tn?1361261809
You said "Unfortunately there is no way of verifying this infection unless there are warts" - I'm pretty sure you have a blood test to see if you have the virus and don't have to have visible symptoms.
Blank
There are no reliable HPV tests for men in the USA except when a wart is biopsied.
Blank

question: does white distilled vinegar help identify warts?

Blank
Just because you are not experiencing any symptoms does not necessarily mean you dont't have it. Many men carry a form of PV and are not aware. Because they do not have a cervix. If you continue to sleep with this girl be sure to use protection.
Blank
The vinegar test is unreliable. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And its not white distilled vinegar, its apple cider vinegar. Would not recommend it since it is unreliable.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...