Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Help diagnose / treatment options/ advice HPV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Hello, to start off I am a male, 16 years old, with what i believe to be hpv. As a young kid (5 yrs) i had warts on my hand. When randomly they dissapeared. (Now i want to appologize for any spelling errors as i am doing this on my phone and its not a very good one..), never had an issue with warts until 7th grade when i notoce i had very tiny bumps right under the my penis head. I didnt know what to think so i left them alone. When i was a freshman in highschool i did research and people said sometimes they would go away on their own so.i let them be. Now they have progressed and gotten more in numbers and further ti the top of my head. I am a junior in HS and and i have literally done nothing sexually ( due to fear of girls seeing the warts and freaking out and telling everyone. My life would be literally over. ) and i am totally embarassed to the point where i wont even tell my parrents. So with that i have a few questions.

1. What should i do? Can i go to the doctor without my parrent? I have a car so i can get there but i mean will they treat me?

2. What kind of hpv do you think it is? The earts are literally about 100 of them and very small.

3. Are there any at home treatments?

4. Does gene-eden-vir actually work?

Thanks alot! I appreciate it!
Tags: HPV
Well, first of all, you don't have sexually transmitted warts.  That's obvious.  Second, just because you had warts on your hands doesn't mean you'll have warts down there.  From what i understand about HPV, there are over 100 different strains of it of which 40 or less appear on your genitals and the rest appear on your other skin.  You'll have to research a more exact number if you need to know though.  Genital warts prefer the skin cell type of the genitals and inside the mouth and anus.  Other warts prefer normal skin.  When I say prefer, I was under the impression that this is mandatory, that you cannot get hand warts on your penis or vice versa.  

Another thing to consider is that you are mistaking them for warts.  Many people on this site have thought that pearly penile papules are warts.  You may be doing this.  Here:  http://pearlypenilepapules.net/   Let me tell you what you need to do.  All you need to do is go to a dermatologist.  Unless your parents are complete douche bags and you can't talk to them without getting beaten or mentally abused, you should screw up the courage to confide.  This is a sensitive issue for anyone but especially so at your age and they should take you seriously and bring you in.  It's the only way to know for sure.  Skip the doctor and head straight for the derm.  Hope this helps.  From what you say, I'm sure it's not a big deal and you are just leaping to conclusions. Good luck.  
I did some research and the pearly penile papules seem to be it. You were right i did jump to a conclusion. Thanks! I looked at some pictures and it looks exactly like them. I am so relieved. This stress has been on my back for years and now i can rest easy knowing its natural-ish. Thanks!