Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Help..Burns form Silver nitrate on Vagina

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HI All I had a Sebaceuos cyst from my inner vaginal lip removed this past thursday...my doc cut it,drained it, and than cauterized it...Well let me tell you no easy procedure...i was uncomfortable when i left but not dying you know...i can usually take pain pretty well...it burned all nite into the next day and i followed her instructions to a t..i kept the area dry,no sex,no bath or shower for first 24hrs..i wore jogging pants no undies or a skirt with nothing just to insure that the area would not get rubbed...By saturday i was burning something aweful so i decided to take a look..everywhere this blueish,grey,black stuff was the area was red and sore..so i called the doc and she said that no one ever complains about this procedure by the 2nd day its usually no big deal and by 5 days they can go back to regular activities...so now its sunday and i was dying...burning..felt like hot lava when i peed..i got a warm wash cloth,i cleaned off all this silver nitrate that had gotten on the other lip from touching and the side wall..under every single area it was like i had been burned..i made sure i got it all off and put hydrocortizone cream and took bendryl...now is it possible to allergic to silver nitrate??? I had,had an edometrial biopsy done last year and i was cauterized than also and i was in terrible pain....Please help me cause i need to know what to do if i ever need cauterization again......thank u in advance