How Soon will HPV show up after a sexual encounter
Hi i just got back from the doctors today and im confused and scared at what i heard. They told me I tested positive for HPV. Now i have only had 2 sexual patners one (partner #1) of them ive been with for 3 years and the other (partner #2 ) was more of a one night stand situation. Before me and (partner #1) were sexually active we were both virgins. i had sex ONCE with (partner #2) during the time me and (partner #1) took a break after 2 years (me and partner #1 were not sexually active during this time but he had 3 other sexual partners during our break). When me and (partner #1) got back together i had already had multiple PAP Test after (partner #2) which all came back negative for everything everytime. Now i had sex with (partner #2) in December 2009. I was continuously sexually active with (partner #1) from Januray 2010 to July 2010 (we broke up in July 2010) when August came along we had sex once. A couple of days after that encounter he noticed some bumps on his gential area, the followin day i noticed some small red blister like bumps on my genital area... i got tested for it but it still came back negative 2 weeks later which is today i tested positive for HPV....i asked him if he had any other partners while we were broken up he said yes one so all together he had 4 excluding me and i had 1 which was (partner #2)

so i guess the real question is who gave it to me because i dont want to blame or jump to conclusions so soon but i truly think partner #1 gave it to me am i wrong or should i jus not worry about who gave me it... the only reason im really worried is beause im pregnant with my 2nd child and i would love to know who gave me this virus as it could turn into cancer or transfer to my child... i think i should have some words for who DID give it to me
there is no way to know.... since you've had two partners and although the first was a virgin during your first relationship with him you two took a break and if he had other partners during that time; partner one could have gotten HPV. soo either 1 or 2 could have given it to you. although you could have gotten it from two you could have continued to test negative, HPV can take years to become active meaning that the body will begin to produce abnormal cells and that is when your PAP would pick it up.