Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
How Soon will HPV show up after a sexual encounter
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How Soon will HPV show up after a sexual encounter

Hi i just got back from the doctors today and im confused and scared at what i heard. They told me I tested positive for HPV. Now i have only had 2 sexual patners one (partner #1) of them ive been with for 3 years and the other (partner #2 ) was more of a one night stand situation. Before me and (partner #1) were sexually active we were both virgins. i had sex ONCE with (partner #2) during the time me and (partner #1) took a break after 2 years (me and partner #1 were not sexually active during this time but he had 3 other sexual partners during our break). When me and (partner #1) got back together i had already had multiple PAP Test after (partner #2) which all came back negative for everything everytime. Now i had sex with (partner #2) in December 2009. I was continuously sexually active with (partner #1) from Januray 2010 to July 2010 (we broke up in July 2010) when August came along we had sex once. A couple of days after that encounter he noticed some bumps on his gential (genital) area, the followin day i noticed some small red blister like bumps on my genital area... i got tested for it but it still came back negative 2 weeks later which is today i tested positive for HPV....i asked him if he had any other partners while we were broken up he said yes one so all together he had 4 excluding me and i had 1 which was (partner #2)

so i guess the real question is who gave it to me because i dont want to blame or jump to conclusions so soon but i truly think partner #1 gave it to me am i wrong or should i jus not worry about who gave me it... the only reason im really worried is beause im pregnant with my 2nd child and i would love to know who gave me this virus as it could turn into cancer or transfer to my child... i think i should have some words for who DID give it to me