How is a Wart Biopsy Done?
Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with 3 textbook looking warts over 7 months ago and they were frozen off. I then went back for a follow up and showed him two other areas that I noticed and he didn't seem quite as convinced they were warts...but prescribed Zyclara cream. The bump seemed go away and I stopped looking as I waited for the 3 month period...and have reached that time frame. Thus, I started looking at the area again and can still feel a bump near the circumcision scar...but can barley see it. I'm about to schedule a follow up and if he isn't fairly certain that it's NOT a wart...I'm thinking about asking for a biopsy so that I can know once and for all as I understand it can be difficult to accurately visually diagnose a small bump. Thus, my question is:

- Has anyone had a wart biopsied?

If so, could you explain how it was done?
Did it require stitches?
How long did it take to heal?
Did it leave a scar?
Where was the location of the bump that was biopsied?

Thanks for your support.
Removal via scalpel. No stiches. No scar but it took a long time (3 months) for the redness to go away. On my thigh. Test was negative for HPV but it sure looked like it.
Thanks for the feedback. After doing more research I found that sometimes a punch biopsy is a technique that is used as well.

Anyone had a punch biopsy?