Aa
A
A
Close
How long for genital warts to go away without treatment?
I read that genital warts often-80% of the time- go away on their own.  How long does this usually take? A month or so? Several months? A year? How long should one wait before pursuing medical treatment?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1609501 tn?1299205202
I wish I had the answers to this. I have vaginal warts, just found out and have had 2 acid treatments, will have 2 more, one a week. I just couldn't stand to have them growing. I really hope that this is all it takes and they don't come back over and over. :(

I do know that treating smaller warts (which I have) is easier than larger as it takes more treatments to get them to respond when they are larger.

I am sure male external skin is dif than my vaginal skin so it might respond different or there might be different treatment options...I don't know.

I have read that warts can go away on their own and that most people's system passes HPV in a 1 to 2 year time frame. When you have warts present they are highly contagious. So you need to take care with your sexual partners. I am finding the first patch I have caused two on skin that came in contact with it. So it can spread in your own body via contact. I asked my doc is this was right and she agreed.

Comment
Cancel
1609501 tn?1299205202
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community Resources