Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
How soon?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

How soon?

How soon do warts usually show up after a possible encounter with HPV? Is 2 weeks too soon???
I have read that they can show up anywhere from two weeks to months after the encounter.
you have a 24 month period.... they can come up in 2 weeks or 2 years.... but after 24 months( 2 years) if you havent had an outbreak then your body has most likely cleared the infection
Can show at any time, but usually a few months. I took 6 months to show any symptoms, my partner took about 1 week.
Well, I had my bump within the first five days. I had unprotected sex, broke out with a pretty bad, red, splotchy rash the next day, and by the time it was gone (about five days total I believe) I had the bump. It was small and only grew a tiny little tad, but the derm thought it was a wart and burnt it off. The encounter was in January I had it burnt off a month ago. But today I look closely "just for fun" and I've got a new one that looks just like the first one plus four more little tiny ones. Can't confirm they are warts yet, but will have them biopsied this time and I'll update in two week or so I guess.