Hpv re-infection
Hello docs, I would like to know : my wife (shes pregnant)has a abnormal pap had a colposcopy and one small white spot that was biopsied now here's my question, obviously if she has hpv than I have it they said cin 1 non wart type , should we use condoms to keep my wife safe and so that our immune systems can build against it ? If so how long ? And what about oral sex can it be preformed both of us included if not when can we continue a normal sex life ? Your help is despartly needed , thanks for your time
This is not a doctor's forum. Go to that forum, pay $20 and get an answer from a doctor. Yes, condoms does increase allow for a person's body to boost their immunity after a wart is removed, even among couples who are both infected. Some would suggest to do that for 6 months. On the doctor's forum, they may just tell you to keep having un-safe sex. That she's pregnant complicates things.
I've never heard of condoms helping immunity to people who share the same strain. I've always been told that as you can't pass the virus back and fourth, and you always have it, the virus will not be effected by condom use or unsafe sex.

Oral sex poses a very low exposure and chances of getting oral HPV in comparison to genital HPV is very rare. Most Drs therefore advise you have a normal oral sex life as the chances are low.
Thanks a lot for your help , it's just so confusing with so many biased opinions on the web , we really don't know who had it first I had not had sex in over a year when I met her and she's only had two partners before me so , It just worries me and she read on Internet that we should use condoms for 6 months some say 1 so I just needed clarity on these matters plus the whole oral sex thing kind of freaks me out like its been happening so do we risk getting cancer in our mouths I just want a happy and healthy women and children , thanks for the info
On the DRs forum they are very knowledgable in this area and after reading your question I had a look through there answers to peoples questions. They said that if you both have the same strain using a condom will not help nor make the virus worse in your system, so its up to you if you use one. Also, oral HPV is difficult to get so most DRs advise you go on as normal and still engage in oral sex, even if you were to get oral HPV it would only rarely develop into cancer. Understandable if you are worried and don't want to risk it, but some people see it as the risk being so low that they do it anyway and are fine. It's all up to you. You can always use protection when engaging in oral sex if you are too scared to do it anyway.