Hpv risk from Female to male - Genital strand
Hello all,  

I understand this question has been asked numerous times and I have done extensive research on here and alternative forums,  however for piece of mind I still feel the need to ask the question

I have been seeing a girl for a couple of months now,  who has the genital strand of hpv,  we haven't had sex just hands and I have received oral of her.  

She has had it for around 18 months,  or first showed signs 18 months ago with quite a bad outbreak of warts.  Her doctor thought at first they were just skin tags and said they would go away,  they didn't so eventually she went to the local clinic and had them frozen off.  They returned and now she is on her third outbreak but just two at the top of her area,  she says they are smaller and look different to previous and each time they have been less extreme.  She currently uses a cream every other night which has reduced them but not gotten rid completely

I have no idea if I have hpv or ever had hpv,  but I have never had any STDs granted you can't test for hpv in a male but I have also never had any genital warts.  

Still this still concerns me as I have read so many contrasting opinions and only a 70% protection with condoms alone.  Also would I be open to infecting myself if I gave her oral sex?

I also would like to know if for example we were having a sexual relationship and she had gone a while without an outbreak would it be unwise if she was on birth control for me not to use a condom? As I have done with previous partners as a relationship and mutual trust has developed

Thanks in advance for any replies.  I understand I've asked a lot of questions but don't want to potentially stop myself from seeing a girl I'm quite fond off,  and also don't want to put myself at risk if the relationship didn't last of having to have the conversation with future partners that I will probably have a stand of hpv that may have resulted in genital warts

Andy
if you have sex you will catch it condoms don't protect from hpv it's skin on skin contact just wait ok :)
She needs to go 6-24 months with NO warts at all before you have sex with her (any kind).  You may have already been exposed to it. Condoms provide 50% protection. After she gets a negative pap result, it is safe to have unsafe sex with her however she may become infectious again some day. 10% of all infected become infectious some day (years or decades later). No one can tell who is in this 10%.  

If you've had more than 3 partners in your entire life, you have been exposed to it per the CDC.  Even if just safe sex. It is a fact of life for sexually active people. Go read the Doctors Forum. If you want to reduce your risk, you should not have sex with her. However, how will you know that the next gal isn't infected?  Even if she has had neg paps, the next gal can be infected since the test doesn't always find it.  If you like enough to spend the rest of your life together, then stay with her after she recovers.
How many females partners have you had?  Did you know 90% of the population are carriers?  Less than 5% ever show symptoms of high or low risk.  I read a post by Dr Handsfield today, that he assumes that he himself has had multiple HPV infections, due to his lifestyle 30 years ago.  Ever have warts on your feet or hands?   Most unmarried people with multiple partners should assume they are carriers.  It's THAT common.