Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Hpv

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Hpv

Hi all went to the doc the other day only to find out I have 3 small tabs around the anal area doc said they where warts I have been with my wife for 7 years and in that time we have been very faithful to each other we have 2 kids. So pretty much what I'm asking is how the hell did I catch this and how long does it take to go away the doc gave me meds to get rid of them do I have to wait for them to go away before we can have intercourse again? Please help
Thank you
Tags: HPV
I'd have one of them removed and sent to the pathology lab to confirm warts. it would be unusual for warts to just now be showing up so confirming that indeed these are hpv related is a good first step.

if these are warts, you've been with your wife for long enough that having sex now wouldn't be an issue.

grace