Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
I have a bunch of bumps on my pharynx.Im scared

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

I've had ,what i was told was,a swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck since late '08 early '09,i was noticed during a check up.I finally got it looked at in 2010 and was told it was nothing,despite my pleas for a closer examination due to my family history with cancer,but was assured it was nothing.Now during this same time i was dealing with a female who had hpv (i was unaware at the time).I had preformed oral on her numerous times before she finally told me she had it,but she also told me she had been retested and no trace of it was found.I looked it up online and i didnt find anything to be alarmed about.Now fast foward,about two days ago(3-21-2012) me a my current girlfriend were using my camera to look at the insides of our mouths.I noticed a lot of redness in my mouth  and a white spot,i dismissed it as another side effect of my lack of water consumption.While looking inside my mouth again the next day i noticed bumps coating almost the entire throat wall pass my uvula.After reading the possibilities online i got very nervous and scared,but i dont seem to have any of the side effects listed online (trouble breathing or swallowing,it feels a little more difficult swallowing now that i discovered it but it could be mental) The bumps are mostly red and some are flesh colored,any advise would be appreiated.I have also suffered from anal fissures for the past few years(self diagnosed w/ help from the internet) it comes and goes depending on water and fiber supplement intake.I've had anal fissures before i came in contact with the woman w/ hpv.I also smoke marijuana daily,since the age of 13,i am 28.Any and all help is appreciated,my dr. appointment isnt untill April but i cant sleep,please help
I also would like to add that i sometimes have just a little blood in my saliva,and that has been happening since '08,a little bit before the swollen lymph node was discovered
There are a hundreds of different types of HPV.  Only a small amount can cause genital warts.  I'm unsure if that strand of HPV could cause genital warts in your throat.  Even if it could, I imagine it would be seen around the mouth, not down the throat.  The way people get HPV in their throats is from fellatio, not cunnilingus.  There is only a handful of HPV strands that can cause cancer.  These are the ones to be worried about.  In men, they are discovering that it could be linked to throat cancer.  The remaining hundreds of HPV strands usually do nothing and the body rides itself of it on its own.  This sounds like the one your previous girlfriend had.  However, to ease your mind and to be safe, go to a doctor.  Mention your exposure to HPV and see what they think.  
Thank u so much for your comment,i actually plan on going to the doctor tomorrow morning.You couldn't possibly know how much of a difference your comment means to me,i really appreciate it.Thanx a million
I went to the ER to see the doctor and with just a brief glance he assured me that it was nothing and completely normal ,he diagnosed me with pharyngitis and told me not to worry so much.I plan on going in for my scheduled follow-up sometime this week,ill let you all know how it goes,wish me luck