I was a 9 year old with Genital Warts, HOW?
Hi, I'm 17 now and the more i think about hpv the more confused i am getting, when i was 9 i found that i had genital warts, none of the doctors i saw could explain it and even now i am confused. I havent had an outbreak for several years which i am glad for as i am now in a relationship.

Does anyone know how i could have got the virus?
Also i have heard that it is possible for the virus to just 'go' is this possible or is it just that i havent had an outbreak?

Anything would really help
It's a shame but if the Drs you saw back then could not shed light on your situation, people on this site will not be able to. It may just be a very unusual rare case which was unexplainable, or it may of involved a very rare under-researched strain of HPV. It may even lead back to your birth, if your mother had GW and didn't know and (Even though very rare) passed them onto you during birth.

Yes it is possible as your body builds immunity over time. Technically the virus will always be in your system, but once you build immunity it lays dormant and undetactable in your system and in rare cases can become active again years later.