Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
IS it oral HPV ?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

IS it oral HPV ?

I have a bump like stuff  that is  white  and red in color inside the left side of mouth around the lower left back teeth .Now its looking like a mixture of red and white color.its little painful when its touched.I am having it for almost 2 months.Sometimes its has flesh color.But i have noticed a reduction in size lately.At first it wasn't perfectly round but now its getting almost round in shape.
IS this oral hpv wart?
Will Hpv transmits through french kissing even if there is no warts present.
will i get hpv if i french kiss someone having warts deep inside the their mouth where direct skin to skin contact is not talking place.
OR is this bump due to biting my inner cheek flesh ?
PLz answer ASAP..
no reason to think this is hpv related.

have you seen your dentist yet about this?

grace
Thanks for ur response
i think 7 months back when i visited a dentist for cleaning he told me it was due to biting of my cheek.
IF it was due to biting will it be present for such a long time?

Btw i have seen it changing in shape and sometimes color.
yesterday i applied some garlic onto it and i was  feeling sorenes for a day .sometimes when i use mouthwash i can see a reduction in size(not always)
And btw my kissing episode was 6 years back .After that i have abstained from any sort of sexual contact.
i have some more things to say .I forgot to mention that i have got some wart like stuff on my penis shaft. i am circumcised. i dint mention  about it coz i never had vaginal ,anal or oral sex.Only thing is a hand job.i am having it for years..I dont know whether is was there b4 the hand job episode.it is like a wart.very small grown flesh.It neither hurts nor irritates.
plz respond ...
you didn't  get warts on your penis from a hand job.

you don't have to think this is an oral wart from just kissing either. kissing doesn't seem to be a good way to transmit the virus.

if it's been there for 7 months, it's time to have it looked at again. if your doctor also thinks this is a chronic cheek chewer issue, time to see the dentist again for a bite block for sleep.
i forgot to mention  that my father has warts on his neck  area.Few days back when i checked my neck i too have got very small warts present.
so i doubt will those warts spread to my mouth and penis .
kindly reply me
more likely your father has skin tags or moles and not warts on his neck.
Then how can i know whether it  is a skin tag or a wart on my penis.
see a dermatologist.