Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Is it HPV?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Is it HPV?

About a month ago, maybe six dome-shaped structures appeared on my frenulum. They were flesh colored, 3mm in length, and painless. As time progressed, however, I got a few canker sores within the same area causing it to become painful. What concerned me even more was the fact that 2 of these dome-shaped structures became long and thin. They are not hard and can sort of flap back and forth painlessly. (I guess that's the best way to describe it though I can't seem to find anything that meets that description online.)

I have been having terrible headaches, pain along my jawline, and pain behind my head so I know there is an infection of some sort.

I have been looking online and it looks like it could a number of things including oral HPV, an infected salivary gland, and/or cancer. I have made an appointment with my doctor, but I wanted another opinion.

http://tinypic.com/r/33dj9mc/6
Tags: oral hpv
Hi. I'm no expert so I am unable to say what the growths are. What I can say is that I recently had hpv warts genitally that started with burning pain. At the same time my lower jaw ached and the gums on the lower row of teeth burned. Now I have small ulcers in several placesin my mouth. I've been to my dentist, an endodontist, a GP and a dental surgeon all of whom can't find anything they consider abnormal. I am glad you are going to see a doctor. If a biopsy is taken, you may ask them to type the tissue (if it is HPV) so you will know what strain it is. You may also ask your doctor about gardasil shots.