Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Is it worth going to the doctor for?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Is it worth going to the doctor for?

I am 17 years old, soon to be 18 in a couple of weeks. I have only had one sex partner, his name is Alexander, and Alexander has only had sex with one other person besides myself. When he & the other girl had sex, they used a condom. Also, every time Alexander & I had sex, we used a condom. I know condoms don't completely protect you for STD's or other diseases but I thought it might be important for you to know.
So I think it was about 6 months ago, I found small raised bump, not completely on my vagina, but a little bit to the left of the area between my vagina and anus. At first, I thought it was just an ingrown hair from shaving around that area so I kinda forgot about it, thinking that it would just go away. A couple days ago, I was in a bathing suit and looked down & saw it but now there are three small bumps sort of in a line. They are not red but a little pink and not painful. I also how have another bump on the opposite side of that area. I looked up genital warts online and saw all then pictures and some of them look like mine. I don't want to tell my mom so I would have to make a doctor's appoiment and go by myself. I'm scared because I feel alone & that I can't tell anyone about it because it's pretty embarrassing and awkward to talk about. I told Alexander about it and he said he doesn't have any bumps or anything on his genitals so I don't see how I could have genital warts or anything like that. Do you think I should go to the doctor's?
Yes, it's worth going to confirm whether you have HPV or not.  

If you don't have it, you will have the peace of mind knowing that you are in the clear.

If you are infected, then they will be able to treat the warts, which will clear up and you can continue living a normal life.