Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Is this HPV
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is this HPV

I recently developed a fleshly skin tag/wart on the inner part of my thigh area, just a couple of inches to the left of my genitals, and I was wondering if this was possibly HPV? I had unprotected oral sex just over a month ago, but the girl was tested negative for HPV when she went in for a pap smear as well as having the vaccines. However, I went into the doctor to get it frozen off, but all it did was seemingly melt it down into a larger mole-looking brown/blackish looking thing. This has been driving me crazy to the point where I can't sleep or eat, any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Also just a side note I forgot to mention, I also recently had a fungal infection between my thighs and genitals if that affects anything. Thanks.
Blank
101028 tn?1419606604
hpv testing with pap testing doesn't test for external genital hpv - the types that cause genital warts.  

at this point, if your provider is stumped, they should remove this and send it to the pathology lab for identification.

grace
Blank
The doctor examined it and ruled it as a skin tag, especially based off my limited sexual history and it now seems to be coming off. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my question.
Blank
101028 tn?1419606604
the number of partners you have is meaningless.

skin tags don't typically come off either. I'd see a dermatologist at this point.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...