Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Itchy, brown flesh coloured bumps or boils on outer labia?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itchy, brown flesh coloured bumps or boils on outer labia?

I recently discovered these light brown to flesh coloured bumps, about half the size of a dime or smaller, most of which are on my right outer labia and only a few on my left outer labia. The only side effect I feel from them are that they are randomly itchy, not consistent whatsoever and they cause me no pain at all unless i scratch them too hard and hurt myself. Upon examining them myself with a mirror they are only slightly raised above my skin and do not seem to show to be filled with any puss or fluid - again, only very slightly raised bumps.

I am a nervous wreck and panicking; stds? hiv? aids? What is this? My periods are regular, no other side effects or symptoms to note.

The last time I was sexually active was in late July with my boyfriend who I was with for about 5 months.

Please help me figure out what this is; I have knots in my stomach over this and cannot wait for my appointment with my doctor which is 2 weeks from now.

I thank you so much in advance for your guidance.

Bless you!
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be folliculitis, cysts ,molluscum contagiosum(multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug) or genital warts(caused by HPV infection). Warts are small painless growth on skin caused by Human Papilloma Virus. These can be light or dark. They are usually oval in growth and raised forming rough surface in the skin.

Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You should also get them examined from a gynecologist to confirm the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank