Lesions from imiquimod
Hi guys,

I've been using imiquimod to treat my genital warts for a little over a month now (applying it every other day), and I'm starting to get some lesions on the shaft of my penis. Most noticeably right under the head. It's very red and sometimes looks like an open sore if it's been chafed a bit, and sometimes looks like it's kind of scabbing over. Is this a cause for alarm? Should I put my imiquimod treatment on hold for a little while to let the lesions heal? Should I put Neosporin or something on the lesions? Or is this normal and should I just continue to regularly apply the imiquimod cream?

Thanks!
Hair loss is not a reported side effect of Plan B. It can be due to anemia in your case for which you should take iron supplements. You need to pay attention to your diet. Your hair needs vitamins and minerals to grow that it can only get from the bloodstream. So if you want to speed up your hair growth and thickness you should limit the intake of fat and salts. Selenium, zinc and magnesium are some of the minerals that your hair needs and also amino acids and vitamin E will help in growing hairs. You can regularly massage scalp with oil, use protein conditioner to avoid loss and help growing, prevent exposure in hot sun etc.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Sorry replied to an earlier post first.

These lesions can be due to contact dermatitis to Imiquimod. Do not use it further without medical guidance. Apply Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. Also wear cotton underwears. You can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lumps persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

Thank you very much for the reply, Dr. Kaur. Thank you for mentioning that I should put Neosporin on it, as I wasn't sure if I was supposed to put any other ointments on the area while the imiquimod was "in my system" or however you would phrase it.

In the meantime I'm going to take a few extra days off of the imiquimod as opposed to putting it on every other day and hopefully I'll notice some results.

Thanks again.