Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Lichen Planus resembling HPV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Lichen Planus resembling HPV

Thank you in advance. This has me very scared and worried. I have a few skins problems already. Last year I learned that I have "lichen planus" and it mainly affected my wrist, chest, and base of my penis. I used a ratio-ectosone 0.1% cream which did help at the time. It has started to come back over the past little bit and I was prescribed a cream again. What I noticed this time, which was different from the last, is two individual bumps about the size of the tip of a pen. The bumps are elevated and almost look like skin tags. I had received unprotected oral sex roughly 8 months ago. From what I've read, the incubation period for HPV can be many years. I tried the vinegar test and they did turn whiter. I have a good idea of what lichen planus looks like, and these bumps do not look the same. They have not grown nor have they spread since I noticed them 1 - 3 months ago.

My question is:
Is what I'm seeing a potential side effect of having lichen planus?
Or
Is it possible that the same cream I was using to cream my lichen planus was slowing down the effects of HPV?

Thank you for taking the time to read through my question.
Just to add to this - I noticed the bump probably 3 months ago and I started reusing the cream about 2 months ago. So there was a point where I noticed it without using the cream