Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Living with Genital Warts

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Viewing 201-204 comments:
hello everyone,

A few days ago ive been diagnosed with hpv genital warts. i wake up every moring crying my eyes out until my breathing gets really heavy and i feel like im suffocating. I feel like i cant live like this that no one will ever want to be with me ever i am embarassed ashamed and have even contemplated suicide. I dont know y this has happened to me i cant sleep eat or anything like that. I am only 22 years old and have only slept with 2 people who showed no signs of having anything. I dont know y god has done this to me I think its cause he wants me to pay for all the evil things that i have done in my life. I havent gone to sch or wrk because i feel like the world will judge me i want to be desease free so bad that i will do anything i will never wish this on anybody this is truly a curse and i just want to die more than half of the time. I hope other people with this is stronger than I am and dont let if get you down please i feel the pain everyone is going thru this hurts wrost than any physical pain can. I just hope that one day we can all be free of this i have read this entire forum n everyone is in my prayers.
If you are in remission and she has had the vaccine, then she is not going to contract HPV which causes warts. Also, if she had any sex partners before you there's about a 85% chance she has HPV already. You should be fine.
this is a very old post. please pay attention to dates on posts. we ask that you don't reply to any post older than 2 weeks or so. thanks!

grace
This is depressing, just found out I have genital warts, reading this thread makes me wanna crawl into a hole and die
we ask you not to post in this old post.

please start your own post and we'll gladly give you support and help you with this :)

thanks!

grace
i am 23 not only been with 3 girls and the thing is the don't have any std at all i think i got it from a girl i didn't even had sex with all happen was my penis touched her vagina  and now i got warts on my penis . i wondering is this is got punishing me for cheating on my gf   i already toly my gf who i have been with for one year i haven't had sex with her wanted to wait to get married well i am going to the doc 2 marrow to get a check up but i already know what i got . my only prob is i know i am going to lose my baby which sucks because i love her so much i dont think i can live with out her.
there are to be no new posts to this post.

please start your own new post and we'll gladly help you with your concerns :)

grace
i have had a similar expirence. i am a twnety-year old make and recently came to the conclusion that i have the disease, as well-- i think. it is just a self-diagnosis, howver, i think that it is becoming increasingly necessary to get myself checked out. after all, most of the people on this site would agree that is the best thing to do. i am very apprehensive about it because it is embarrasing and i don't want to feel alienated if my friends or co-workers find out- not to mention a partner down the road. if i don't get checked out i understand that bigger problems can arise, so i will be getting the issue checked out soon. i have but 4 small bumbs in varying size; what concerns me most is the rate at which they've grown. i barely noticed them a couple days ago.  i know i need to get myself checked out by a professional, and i'm not intentionally meaning to mitigate the issue, but is there a way i can treat it myself? also, where are the best, most descete places to go? are there clinics all over the place? i've never even been to one. any help would be appreciated.
Post in the HPV forum and start your own thread to post to.
I know how everyone feels I am currently 8months pregnant and I have genital warts now how I had got them I do not know my ex was clean when we got together. I started noticing pimple like things down by the opening of my vag so I had asked my friend that had genital warts and she took a look at it and said I had them. she told me to tell my obgyn so I did and she frozed them that didn't work about a few days later they started to bleed then they felt like they were going to fall off well I was hoping. now about a week ago I got this cream called imiquimod now I have only started to use it and I'm due in 6weeks I'm hoping they go away and this treatment works if not then I'm going to have to get them cut off .and that sounds just painful. well I don't know what to do I just want them gone. I guess I could try what my friend used when she had them and it worked for her its hand sanatizer it will burn at first because of all the germs well lets see what happens
I'm. 28 year old female and I have genital warts. I found out about 5 months ago. I have my good days and I have my bad days. I immediatly informened my most recent sexual partners so they could be cautious. That was hard to do. I recently got back with my ex of four years. He's 100% supportive and accepting of the hpv. That's great I suppose, but sex isn't the same. It's like he's afraid to touch me. Half the time I end up crying and not enjoying it. He's constantly checking to make sure the condom is on and then doesn't want to touch anything else because of fear of cantracting it. Then after we're done he immediatly goes to te bathroom and washes himself. This makes me feel so dirty. I've told him this and he admitted to being a little afraid to touch me. I feel like this is going to put a strain in our relationship. Any advice? I'm also going to the doctor to talk about possible removal solutions. I've tried the cream and it is irritating to the skin. It's unbearable.
those seem to me like you have the early signs and symptoms of warts, go to the dr or a clinic asap to be sure, I was just diagnosed and I am very unhappy actually very depressed, its a long story I was married and not sure if it were him or my present hubby they both had cheating partners, I have always been checked and tested bc I have other female problems so I was always getting pap smears, its unfair, sorry but it is disgusting, I dont even want to have sex anymore and I feel bad bout it but I cant stand the fact not knowing where it came from and the ex is on drugs no where to be found and my hubby now doesnt have anything visual, I asked my dr and she said lots of people have it and dont know it bc they dont get visual warts or even the symptoms, so they could be carriers which means they pass it on to everyone else and if your immune system isnt the best you will be the person that has the break outs like I got stuck with, I am very angry and bitter and I hate living w this, Im so serious right now that I even see a therapist bc it has really affected my life and it sadens me everyday, they come and go and it sucks bad.. good luck but get tested asap, and lets hope you dont have it, ask anyone w it we hate it we are ashamed and embarassed!
I would just be honest, if someone loves us then they must accept it like we have to even though we dont want to, as long as you protect her she isnt supposed to be able to contract it, you are right it is depressing and it is to me like a punishment, being a christain and all, I am 35 so of course I have had some partners but Im pretty sure I know where it came from, its too late to worry about it, I am married and didnt find out until after I was married just a few months ago actually and my hubby doesnt blame me at all for anything, he is very supportive, his ex wife cheated on him for 15 long years so as far as we know it could be from him and he was the carrier and passed it, doesnt matter who anymore, its too late like I said, I look at it like at least its not aids you know, and its liveable, everyone will have to tell their partners eventually and if they run that shows they are petty people and dont deserve us anyway, people with aids dont always get it from having sex, its not always our fault, if someone has it and dont know they have it and you dont protect yourself then yes thats kind of our fault but everyone makes mistakes, keep your head up when the girl comes round that you are interested in just be honest, if she runs then so be it, there will be more girls to come and not every girl is gonna run dont worry be happy, I know its hard but its not the end of the world :)
you are never gonna be free of them, no Dr. can tell us that, they come and go and the more sex we have the more they spread, not everyone knows they even have anything which is why it spreads and people like us get it, my story is too long to discuss here but I was married 9 long years, and no I didnt cheat not sure if he did or not, they cant really tell us how long it takes to contract it, all they can do is tell us we have it or not, I would like to know when too but unfortunately I dont and I live life the best I can now, I am 35 and have recently married, just found out that I have it, we dont know if it was my ex or his, she cheated on him all the time but he doesnt have anything, my Dr, said a lot of men carry it and pass it to the female, not sure how true that is, but I am pissed, depressed, embarassed and never want to have sex, I am lucky and loved and that keeps me going, my hubby loves me and accepted it when we both found out together, he never blamed me in fact he thinks its him and he got it from his ex, I have cried and cried but there is no use anymore, cant let it define who we are, its not the end of the world, if you cant be honest w someone w out the judging or running away then they arent worth being w anyways, life is short and things happen, we didnt ask for this, people with mental issues didnt ask for it and everyone w aids didnt ask for that either, jusr try to live your life happy and not worry about it so much, dont tell unless they ask and always use protection, as you get serious with someone just be honest, I have read articles online you would be surprised to see how many actually have it and how many dont know they do bc they dont have any visual, just because someone doesnt have visual doesnt mean they dont have the virus and thats prolly what happened to us, someone didnt know they had it and we had unprotected sex and well now we have something we cant ever get rid of, they come and go but they are not ever gonna go away for good, hope this helps, we dont need to live depressed,. be happy :)
please im so depressed i really need someone to talk too ;( please someone who suffers through this i sit here n cry n cry n ask god why me? ;( can someone please contact me via email i really need to talk to someone who would hear me out!
check my latest post! new information about hpv!! very important.

i guess i was lucky and found out that i had the virus while in a relationship, but also feel extremely guilty that i probably passed it on to my boyfriend. he won't get checked out because he doesn't want to know :/. and im scared for him because i have cancer type hpv, i have to get precancerous cells removed in 2 weeks, im so nervous. but he loves me and he said he will never leave me because of an std.. im sure all of you can find someone who will love you for you, even if you have an std. ive heard many stories where people don't care because they just want to be the person. i remember my ex boyfriend saying that he would date me even if i did have an std before we started dating, cuz he wanted to be with me so bad. it all depends on the person, everyone is different. goodluck to you all!
I will talk to you about too I am blue in the face.
Ive had the same problem for 3 years... I just get to know the person. Observe their character and if I feel I can trust them, I tell them... I havent been turned down yet and I just started trying to date for the 1st time in 4 years. Idk how its gonna go but at least the stress of confiding s will be worth it for once . Just, be positive, nearly 50% of people betw 18-30 already have a form of hpv n most dont know it. Its way more commom than you may think. You are more than your ailment so make sure you let your personality make up for it and take care of yourself. Your confidence and honesty will make all the difference.
Five years later and your story is so similar to mine that reading your post I almost thought that I had wrote it.  How are things going now?  I would really appreciate a response and update on how things have been going with you.
dude i think i got em....an it sucks...girls call me every day wantin to go out....i have to invent bs situations to avoid them, cause inevitably sex would follow, and I cant look at another beautiful naked girl again and tell her, "no sorry"....so much loneliness....an so ashamed...how to live "normally?"....
I am 23 year old female, and I think I may have HPV. I've only ever been with three people my entire life. I was with one for five years, and after we parted ways, I was very depressed and became involved with two people. After the last encounter, I realized I wanted more to life than just random sexual encounters, and I vowed to remain celibate until I found that special guy. That was four months ago, and recently, I noticed these bumps. I have not gone to get checked because I don't want to hear the news. Now I feel like my vow to celibacy means nothing because either way, I have a std that will never go away. How do I deal with this? How do you keep going, and believing that you will find the right person after this?
New's Flash Greenlove:  In the years since someone told you that you have HPV for life, science has found that you don't.  It's a transient infection in most people who get it and over time your immune system fights it off and you are clear of the virus.  So even if you do have it, there is nothing to worry about. It will go away.  Also, know that HPV is the single most prevalent sexually transmitted infection out there and the majority of sexually active humans will get it at some point in their lives.  It's nothing to be ashamed of.  

Having said that, you don't even know you have HPV warts.  Just go to a doctor or dermatologist and get them looked at.  
Thanks vandy. I've actually been reading up on it these past few days, I've been driving myself nuts reading about it. I read some articles that said your body will clear it after about two years but the virus stays with you. I asked the last person I was with, and she said her papsmere came out fine so, I'm hoping she's being truthful. You are right though, I really shouldn't be freaking out if I don't know yet. I'm going to go get checked tomorrow. I will give an update of my results when I get them. Thanks, your words have put me at ease a bit :)
Im in your same state! im 21 too andi really like this one guy, i've had a boyfriend since i was 15 and now i finally can go out and experience other men but i feel so guilty i never do anything with any of them.. i know if i tell them they'll either judge me or just never talk to me again.. and i dont want them to be stuck with this like i am.. everyone says its so common so its not relaly a big deal but it is to me.. idk what to do.
are you sure it goes away after a few years? my doc told me i'd have it forever
Your doctor is misinformed.  Not every doctor keeps up on HPV knowledge.  Technically he may be right however.  From what I can tell with all my readings, it might be something like chicken pox.  Do you have the pox virus for life?  If you do, does it matter because you can't get it again nor can you transmit it.  It's like that with the HPV virus I think.  Your body will completely suppress the activity of the virus in about a year, not more than two years for almost everyone who has it.  If you get pregnant, have HIV, or undergo chemo someday, there is a chance that HPV can reactivate when the body is severely taxed like that.  But otherwise you will be free of it.  HPV is a virus and everyone's body is different, so there are only broad generalities of typical HPV infection cycles.  These cycles are statistically common so the chances of you falling outside these stats is quite slim.  

For you, you need to ascertain how long ago you were diagnosed.  What kind were you diagnosed with?  If you had warts and had them removed each time you experienced a new outbreak, you should be able to consider yourself over it after six plus months with no breakout.  With high-risk HPV, I'm less clear, but the same six months is probably viable.  You should not feel guilty.  
Since my first episode, which was pretty apparent and very noticeable, I have had 3 recurrences, but of a much smaller but numerous variety and in different areas than the original occurrence. My concern is that even if I have this most recent recurrence taken care of, isn't possible that there will be warts that are too small to see or that will possibly be missed that will not be treated? Will this extend the amount of time my body requires to clear the virus or will they resolve on their own?
Well, that is one reason why they say you may still be contagious even if no warts are present.  In my opinion, warts are never too small to see.  We know our penises too well for that.  I'm no expert though in the science of what's happening at the time and at that cellular level to tell you how transfer occurs between outbreaks.  

Regardless, your body is still dealing with it, so you can still bank on the statistical outcome that in no more than two years from your first discovery of warts, you will be wart free.  If six months and more go by after your last treatment, i'd consider myself past it if I were you.  

I also like the idea of using Podophyllin after treatment as well.  It F's up the skin cells on the surface of your skin so any cells containing the DNA are destroyed. At least I believe that's how it works.  You can look it up to be sure.  I had it applied after my last outbreak a couple years ago and I never had any again.  Timing?  Probably. But I still think it's another wise precaution to take.
I keep hearing that two years is the magical timeframe that warts will be removed, is this the case for most of you? I have GW and am not knowing how to live life anymore with the idea of infecting someone. I've read that this causes women cancer, and I don't want to pass this along or cause such a horrendous thing. I've had this for roughly a year and am only now getting treatments as I thought it was due to shaving. My condition is they are very very small to the point they don't resemble warts and have had doctors use magnifying glass to view them. I was at one point removing them of my own(not wise decision) as I thought they were like typical warts.Cutting them off only spread them(again i know people do dumb things when frustrated).. Im at the point were I don't know how to live life anymore knowing that I have these on my penis. Its very embarassing to talk about, and am on here since my family and friends don't have any advice to give. Has anyone had any success stories or recommended treatments,medicines etc? Im running on my last straw here and don't know how to proceed given my case. I've seen three doctors now. I've had cyro treatment once but they came back. All i want out of life is to live a normal life and to be accepted by a woman i love, but fearing this will only push others away. I really need advice on this as I'm now dealing with depression due to this. I would like things to workout some how. All the support that can be given is deeply appreciated.

God bless

I don't know how you've handled this during 5 years, but I can tell you this:
I have just been diagnosed with HPV; my bf has it, but hadn't shown symptoms in the last 4 years. His tests all came clear and doctors told him he could have unprotected sex. However, we always used condoms and were very careful and, somehow he has passed the virus to me. I had already taken 2 of 3 shots of Gardasil and still got it. I cannot understand a thing!
im so wih u on this, got diagnosed 2 days ago and have been freaking out, found this site 2hrs ago and feel much better, still not sure how to tell my partner but i dont feel dirty and alone anymore! :)
Hi guys, I was unsure if the lump on my pubic area was a HPV WART. When I did all my research online it said to put vinegar or apple cider Vinegar on the lump and if it turns white than it isa genital wart. This happen 2 weeks ago. I found my self getting depressed and in shock because I am not a very sexual active person. I felt as if it was all over in some way when i read that once infected you will be infected forever. I then did more research and discovered that yes the virus may live inside of you, BUT if you take good care of your IMMUNE SYSTEM you can kill the virus, and by maintaining your health and system it would not have the strength to recover and become live again. I NOW TAKE MULTI VITAMINS 2 A DAY EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS TO TAKE ONE AND I ALSO EAT "CHAI SEEDS" (it contains omega 3 potassium and iron) I also eat bananas and try to consume AS MUCH FRUITS AND VEGETABLES  ON A DAILY BASIS. A 20 min work out daily is also very helpful  to the immune  system. To GET RID OF THE WART, I soaked Apple Cider VINEGAR on half of a cotton ball, Placed the cotton ball on the wart and slept with it over night. The next day when I took it off My Wart was White UP UNTILL it dried up 30 mins later it was black. I took a show and REPEATED THe SAME method and when I woke up and removed the tape with the cotton ball soaked in Apple Vinegar it Looked BIGGER, MORE IRRITATED, AND BLACK.  I assumed i made a MISTAKE  and it was going to Spread. I went in to panic mode and went to do more research on any website possible I was up for 3 days until Approximately 10am.   I read that that was normal and was supposed to get worse when treated before it got better. It has been a week since i started treatment and I clean the area and the dead wart daily with Peroxide Daily and it is now a very Small DEAD BLACK TINY WART. I could pull it out but Letting it fall off will assure you that it will be officially DEAD. IT IS A HUGE RELIEF TO SEE IT AT ITS FINAL STAGE GOING AWAY. THIS WHOLE EXPERIENCE MAKES ME WANT TO STAY HEALTHY FOREVER AND GIVE Y BODY SOME SORT OF EXERCISE TO MAKE SURE IT WONT EVER COME BACK AND THIS IS ALL A WAKE UP CALL TO TAKE CARE OF MY SELF, CUT DOWN ON CIGARETTES AND ANY DRUGS. I did not find not one article that gives all this information, SO I had to read everything out there. I NEVER thought i would deal with this or go through such a horrifying time. AN HPV IS THE MOST COMMON STD AND IS TRANSFERRED FROM SKIN TO SKIN CONTACT. SO A TIP= WEAR A CONDOM AND KEEP YOUR BOXERS ON TO ANY SKIN TO SKIN CONTACT.
I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS WILL WORK FOR FEMALES BUT IT WILL WORK FOR MEN. IT MAY STING BUT BE A MAN AND KILL THE VIRUS BEFORE IT SPREADS. I HOPE THIS INFORMATION CAN RELIEV READERS WHO ARE INFECTED.
TO CHECK IF IT IS A WART APPLY VINEGAR 3 TIMES EVERY TEN MINUTES AND IF IT TURNS WHITE IT IS A WART. BE ADVISED SOMETIMES THE TEST WONT BE VALID AND WONT TURN WHITE IF THE WART IN FLAT AND VERY VERY SMALL(smaller than the red tip of a match). AGAIN THIS IS VERY COMMON TO HAVE DO NOT FREAK OUT . 50% OF SEXUALLY ACTIVE PEOPLE 16-28 YEARS OLD ARE INFECTED. AND 70% OF WOMAN BY THE AGE OF 60 WILL BE INFECTED. THEIR ARE 100 DIFFERENT TYPES OF HPV STRAINS. THE ONLY DANGEROUS AND RARE STRAIN WILL CAUSE CERVICAL CANCER. DO NOT HAVE SEX OR MASTERBATE UNTILL YOUR WARTS ARE GONE!!!!! HOPE THIS HELPS GIVE YOU PEICE OF MIND AND ACTUAL UNDERSTANDING OF THIS COMMON BUT DISTURBING VIRUS.
You do meet the right person. My friend has had genital warts for years and she has had two serious partners during that time, both who didn't have warts. She practiced safe sex with both of them and told her current partner 6 months into the relationship. I don't agree with not telling your partner before you have sex but in her case he didn't mind. He was shocked but they are still together years on.

The point is it's hard to cope with knowing you have this STI but it's not the end of the world. I'm sure you will meet someone but you just have to wait for the right person to come along.

question: does white distilled vinegar help identify warts?
.

I caught this **** from a ******* hotel bed at age 12 and have had it ever since. I don't particularly enjoy having sex and hoping that my partner doesn't notice the tiny white spots all over my dick. Pardon my french by the way, but this pisses me off more than anything. I want to get evaluated soon but I don't know how to tell anyone.
I was diagnosed with genital warts a couple weeks ago. I am a little shaken by the whole ideal. It sucks. I had unprotected sex one time and I got it. I always used condoms and was always careful of STDs and pregnancies. Im a male and all of the information, I'm learning is mainly about women. This makes me think I know who might have gave it to me. I guess I had it coming. Its good to read of other people's war stories. I've told my friends I had it and they seem to be understanding. It awkward having to talk about it at the fear of people running away. My doctor haven't gave me any information. He saw it. Told me it was genitals then walked away. What am I supposed to do with that! My future endeavors will definitely be different knowing I have genital warts. I guess everyone has their baggage, but genital warts is not temporary. It ongoing and I have to deal with.
I found out I had warts about 4 months ago. At first they were tiny. Smaller than a pin head. I got them frozen and thought that would be the end of it.. this didn't become the case... they didn't remotely improve.. infact they got worse. So again I got them refrozen.. and they also done some other treatment which I can't quite remember... and well safe to say they are still bad, but now there are more. They're spreading. I'm 18 years old and have been with my boyfriend for nine months so far. I haven't slept with him since I found out, and I'm too scared to tell him. I feel embarrassed. I'm 18 and should feel comfortable around him and feel comfortable in my own skin. Now I feel dirty and permanently unconfident. The main reason I'm scared to tell my boyfriend is because what if he accuses me of cheating?  I've never cheated at all.. and he's so paranoid about being cheated on because of his past... I don't want to lose him and I think he'd run a mile if I told him. Has anybody found that their warts have gotten worse after treatment?
See I'm a 22 years old boy with the same problem and what I feel you should not treat it for around one or one and a half year. After 2 years it may happens that hpv symptoms will go away on it's own. If not then also your immune system must have reduced the virus load from your body. So, what my doctor suggested is to treat it late because they want to see whether it is going away on it's own or not. I too had to leave my GF as she was not having this and my suggestion is to you please don't spread it anymore find a suitable partner from STD dating site. It's tough to leave your partner but as a responsible person you should. Choice is yours !!! tc
I've had an outbreak of genital wart I've told my boyfriend and he said it was ok but our sex life has changed I'm scared I'm about to lose him I'm going to the dr to see what can be done but I have no health insurance n no money reading some stories here have given me hope but it was so hard telling my boyfriend I cried and I was scared not sure ill ever be able to do that again I think I'm going to stay single if my boyfriend breaks up with me I love him but its not his burden to carry
Viewing 201-204 comments:
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers