Low-risk HPV, dating, and kissing...
I have been diagnosed with genital warts (low-risk HPV). I am a virgin and have only engaged in open-mouth kissing, oral sex and genital-genital contact (with no vaginal/anal intercourse).  I am aware that I could have contracted HPV through oral sex or through genital-genital contact. I currently have genital warts and no warts were found in my mouth. This was confirmed by my doctor. My logic tells me that realistically, even though I currently am free of oral warts, I most likely carry HPV in my mouth.

My question is in regards to open-mouth kissing. I would like to start dating, but have not decided when to disclose my condition. The first date does not seem like an ideal time for this lol. I would like the chance for a man to get to know me first before I have this dreaded discussion and maybe even share an open-mouth kiss! Shocking I know lol.

I have read that HPV can be spread from open-mouth kissing.  Obviously if I kiss someone, they won't spontaneously develop warts on their genitals. However, what are the chances, if any, that warts could develop in their mouth, even though I do not have warts in mine?  Also, I do not want to infect person A in his mouth, then person A has oral sex with person B (not me), and later person B has genital warts.

I get confused by all of the information I read. Would someone be willing to offer their dating/kissing experiences living with HPV? Should I be concerned about open-mouth kissing others?

In the past, it made sense to me to worry about contracting STDs through unprotected sex. But to now have to worry about kissing someone! I am literally shaking my head.  I hope I'm not the only one who is concerned about this and I hope someone can provide some reliable answers.
Based on what I know, the lack of warts in one's mouth makes spreading the virus via open-mouth kissing very, very low. I am not concerned about this possibility and I refuse to stop kissing women passionately. If this disease means I have to stop heavy petting for the rest of my life, then I don't want to live. What's next, no hand holding too?  At some point in any relationship, the human need for affection requires intimate moments and open-mouth kissing is vital for that. Just visit your dentist every 6 months and if they see anything have it removed. I had two "bumps" removed 7 months ago and both were benign and not the virus. A check-up last month gave me the all-clear and I am starting to date someone now.  In between dentist appointments, keep checking yourself. Lift your tongue up, look all around and to heck with the CDC guidelines. We are not lepers and based on the stats we are probably in the majority of sexually active adults too.
I've never heard of HPV being spread through kissing. It is hard enough to spread the virus through oral sex, kissing would be even harder. Most Drs and proffesionals would say the risk is so low (and a link not definitively proven) there is no reason to change your ways and stop kissing.
Thanks to you both for replying. I had scheduled a doctors appointment today for a different reason but asked him about my concerns. He basically confirmed your opinions, assuring me that oral warts are very rare. They usually show up if a person has a compromised immune system ie. HIV/AIDS. His words were "I wouldn't be too concerned about that".  I was very happy to hear that. Gives me some hope for a love life again.