Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Manipulated Warts

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Manipulated Warts

Can genital warts be stretched or manipulated, for example: if I notice a small bump and then stretch the surrounding skin to examine it and no longer see the same shape, is that possibily a genital wart? Or do they keep a consistent shape or look o the skin? Just curious!
Viral warts can be light or dark. They are usually oval in growth and raised forming rough surface in the skin and they do not change shape when the skin is stretched.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.