Moderate Dysplasia
I have moderate dysplasia, the doctor in which I had wanted me to go through a cone biopsy/historictomy. I did not feel comfy with those two options. I did however get a 2nd OP now on this one she wanted to preform the LEEP I could not go through with it do to my period when trying to explain why they didn't want to hear a word of it the nezt thing I knew she had fired me. I'm now looking for a new GYN, I just need to know if theres a way to monitor this without any type of surgery?
Moderate dysplasia can sometimes be cleared by your own body's immune system although the more severe the dysplasia the less likely it can happen. CIN 1 or mild dysplasia is often left alone as 90% of the time your body can clear the dysplasia without surgical intervention.
With CIN 2 or moderate dysplasia I have hear of doctors often recommending a LEEP (or LLETZ) or sometimes laser therapy or cryotherapy If the dysplasia was found to be higher up in the cervix, including the transformation zone or the endocervix, sometimes they might try a cone biosy as well. There are different methods of treatment. Be very leary of any doctor immediately recommending a hysterectomy - especially (!) for only moderate dysplasia.
Some doctors, at mild or moderate dysplasia will allow the wait and see approach. Testing again 6 months later to see if the dysplasia has reverted, although as I mentioned the higher the level of dysplasia the less likely this can happen. Do you know if you are still testing HPV positive? If so, it is even more unlikely your body will be able to clear the dysplasia.
Can I recommend another forum for you? There are many involved and educated poeple on it that can be very helpful for a woman dealing with dysplasia and or invasive cervical cancer. I highly recommend it! You can view some of the posts without becomming a member but many of us set our postings so that they can only be viewed by true members of the group. If you become a member you will be able to read more posts and messages.
http://www.inspire.com/groups/national-cervical-cancer-coalition/