Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Mole or Wart?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Mole or Wart?

I have two bumps that grew lager over the last year.  they started out looking like zits.  the are locat on my pevic bone and on the base of th shaft.  basically where a belt buckle would rest if your pants sag.    they are about 4mm across the top on both and one has develope a mushroom shape,  niether are the brown or tan the my other moleslocated on my back and arm are, but instead are a light pinkish skin toned color.   Most of the girls i have been with are HPV vaccinated, but i still cant help but worry that it might be more serious than a simple mole.   My ex fiance had quiet a few moles in her genital region and I have done a little research on if mole and be passed.  so far it look pretty negative on that.  So basically im just wondering if these spots are moles  or HPV warts?
i was recently diagnosed with HPV, and from your description, it sounds as if you may have genital warts as well. First, do not worry. Go to your doctor to get them either frozen off or you can use Aldara cream at home which works with your immune system to remove the warts. Second, please know that there are almost 100 strains of HPV, so whether or not a girl has had the shot makes no difference. I have had the shot, and test negative for (testable) HPV. Still, I have genital warts. (I currently have no visible warts, and I continue to have a normal sex life, as long as I am cautious :) ) Also, please do not immediately think that these are moles. That is exactly what I thought, until I had it frozen off, and it came back, but this time more came as well. The only thing that makes me think that maybe they are something else is  the fact that they are not on your shaft, since this is the most common place to get them. Lastly, my guess is that you ex fiance's "moles" were actually warts. They are skin colored, sometimes small, and can look like a mole or a skin tag. Many doctors I have been to say that it is extremely rare to get even one mole in the genital region, let alone "quite a few" like your fiance. My guess is that yes, you have genital warts, but do not freak out. Go to your doctor, and get them removed, learn about the (MINOR) virus, and know that an estimated 75% of adults get HPV at some point in their lives, some just don't have symptoms. You are just in the majority now. So don't worry, be safe, and be happy. :)
Thank you,  as for my Ex-fiance's mole  i know they were moles cause the color of them match  the color of the mole on my arm,  unless warts can turn the tan or brown that moles do.  And i was doing research and found that there are over 500 HPV strains.   I hoping that bcause no other have shown up and the 2 i have stopped growing that my body has faught it off and these are just reminants,   what sucks is i have no med care to cover a doc visit.  i guess  i will try a home remedy kit and if they reappear save up the cash.
So i am doing more research and looking at pix.  and most of the pix of what warts look like nad the onse i find are clusters not just one single bump... and this has me confused,  cause if you section out on bump of the cluster it looks the same but the fact that the location and teh lack of multiples makes me think it is a skin toned mole.   i really dont have the money to go in and get it check.  and im hoping someone has the info to help me clear this up.  or should i jsut get a home removal kit nad leave it at that since nothing new has shown up and my body might have kisked the virus if it was HPV related
Had a mole my whole life near but not on my penis... It turned more skin colored, and grew a little.  So I had it checked.  I have hpv.   Don't wait.  Get it checked