Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
My boyfriend has HPV... need help!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

My boyfriend has HPV... need help!

Ok so ill start from the begining.
My boyfriend and i have been together for 11 months almost a year now and was recently told he has HPV.
When we first started to go out after we had unprotected sex he noticed warts on his penis, We never paid any mind to it for all those months and continued to have unprotected sex, When i started to get scared for stds i abstained from sex with him for 3 months, During those 3 months I was tested for all stds and came out negative. He was tested for stds as well and was told he has oral herpes and now HPV.
I had PROTECTED sex with him last week and only once. I am also positive that i have had the GARDASIL Shots (3 doses) a year or two ago,
My question is, If we have had unprotexted sex with his warts there, and i have gotten that vaccine, Am i at risk for having HPV? Or cince i have the vaccine i am protected from hpv?
Avatar n tn
HPV has many (100+) strains, 40 of which are genital.  The vaccine only protects you against 4 strains: Types 6 and 11 (cause of 90% of genital warts) and types 16 and 18 (cause of 70% of cervical cancer, oral cancer, etc). Find out the strain(s) of the HPV he has and compare them to the strains that the vaccine provides protection from. Then, you will know.