Oral Warts
I recently gave oral to a guy, and after he told me that he had genital warts. Can genital warts be passed on to me because of this? Or can it only cause oral warts?

If it can only cause oral warts, what are the chances of me getting them? :S  Also, how do I know if I've got them?
Thankyou for your time :)
You will know if you have warts because you will see them. HPV can be spread though oral sex, but not as easily as through regular intercourse and warts and other problems are quite rare.

If there was no contact with your genitals, you cannot get warts there from this exposure.
Not tring to knock you, but why would you have oral sex with someone after they told you they had warts? Warts is not curable and it is spreade through direct contact. If you had unprotected vaginal or oral sex with him the chances of you contracting warts is like 2/3'rds. It takes weeks, months and sometimes years for the warts to appear. Sometimes the warts never appear. Check with your doctor before having sex with someone else.
Also IF you have it, you can only blame yourself. Someone I had sex with is suppose to have warts as well and I am scared outta my mind. We had protected sex, and all my tests came back fine but I'm still scared... Hope this helps and I hope I didn't scare you, just giving you facts.
GOOD LUCK!
The 2/3 probability does not apply to oral sex.
I think she meant 'and after' as in her told her he had them after she had done it, and i think its disgusting that he didn't tell her before letting her put herself at risk like that.

I have genital warts as does my partner, we assume however the virus symptoms only showed on me, but you can have the virus without ever showing any signs of it and never know about it, and it cannot be properly tested for unless you show signs and the doctor confirms it.

I have had oral sex with my partner many times, and have never had warts in my mouth.

alexdelong is right. By giving oral sex you would only be at risk of oral warts, but oral warts are verrry rare so only worry if you see them inside your mouth.

I also agree that its horrible when they guy dosen't tell you till after you've been intimate. Not nice.
yea its true, but thats how the world is today...  everybody's body is different, some never get hpv becasue their bodies won't allow the virus to enter. and marylane, just be safe and honest with any partners and be sure to get checked. best of luck to you.
Not judging you at all but I hope you girls are having regular smears then!! I got CIN 2 & 3 in one year from HPV (wart) virus attacks the cells on your cervix and will cause cancer very quickly if not checked every 12 months or so this is really serious guys I can not warn you enough make sure you get a smear test done ASAP would hate to see you go through the same thing I did.  Please I'm begging you all use condoms for your own safety the AIDS virus is here tourists are coming into our country all the time there are also a lot of South Africans living here that have it worked in a lab saw the results for myself... once you get AIDS there is no going back... one thing is for sure if you get HIV it WILL ruin your life