Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Painful HPV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Painful HPV

I was diagnosed with HPV type 31, CIN 1.
My doctor said that my cervix looks like it's geting better, but the inside of my vulva is getting worst: i have visible condiloma, the skin on vulva is very red, this is stinging me like hell, is very painful, i can't handle the pain, i can even sit on a chair :((
The rest of test show negative results for other diseases.
1. This pain can be caused only by hpv or i shall search for other disease?????
PS: my skin from my entire body is very dry and itchy, i have 23 years old, but my skin looks like 70 yrs old.
2. You think this inside vulva pain can be about having another disease of the skin?

Thank you!
Pain in vulva is due to vulvodynia which can be due to many causes like persistent vaginal yeast infection, irritation to antifungal treatment , sensitivity or allergy to something touching the vulva, such as soap or bubble bath, a drop in the hormone oestrogen, causing dryness of the vulva, stress, lichen sclerosus or recurrent herpes simplex infection. Although genital warts don't cause pain, they can cause discomfort during sexual activity.
You should get all these causes ruled out from a gynecologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for the answer, it was very helpful. Recently i was diagnosed with another disease: herpes simplex 2 and 1 and my entire vagina was burned with Aldara Cream, my doctor aply Aldara on my cervix, it cure the cervix but destroy my vulva :((
Treatment of genital herpes include antiviral drugs like acyclovir along with that you can take simple measure like Keep the affected areas clean and dry, loose-fitting clothing , if you do touch the sores, wash your hands afterward. It is especially important to avoid touching your face and eyes after you touch your sores and  do not  use any creams or ointments on sores unless prescribed by your healthcare provider.

Thanks for advice, they said i have hsv but i never have active hsv, this result from analyses (and i never had something like pimples).
I'll try all my best to clear hpv, it's a must, i dont want this to ruin my life, and more i will have my wedding this year and i cannot have intimate relations with my future husbund.
If you know some medicin, methods how to get rid of hpv, i'll be so grateful.

Thank you & God bless you!