Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Please help ... Chances of transmitting low risk hpv when using a condo...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Please help ... Chances of transmitting low risk hpv when using a condom

I was diagnosed with hpv in 2005, it was the low risk did a biopsy everything came bck normal I then stop going nd went bck for a follow up after 2 years ....now it's been 3 years since I haven't had a pap. but I feel fine no warts I recently had intercourse wit a guy we were protected wit condom nd since then I feel a liitle sore I'm afraid that I might give him hpv even though we did use a condom so it's there a chance that he might b infected. my nxt question other the warts wat are other symptoms of hpv. Nd is there a way that I might be hpv free since I haven't had warts since I had been diagnosted nd I have no pain during intercourse just a little sored. Wat are the changes of transmitting it  with condoms .Thanks for the help !!!  
First of all, warts will not be detected by a pap. Did you have visible warts or minor cell changes in your cervix? Warts are known as low risk, and minor changes are known as low grade which can be confusing.

If you had warts (low risk not low grade) and since you had your first outbreak you have never had warts again, it is probable you are clear of the HPV virus and are no longer contagious. However, it is possible that the virus can become active again, so it's wise you used protection. Protected sex is a very good method to stop the transmision of warts, so team that with the fact you had no visible warts at the time and you are probably clear, I think the chance you passed the virus on is slim to none.

Other symptoms of low risk HPV may be itching and burning. But generally the only symptom is warts. Feeling sore is not a symptom. I think you are worrying because of previous experience of having warts.
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers