Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Pls help...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Pls help...

HI, i am a 25 year men, last year in October i had sex with a massage girl in Thailand, i used condom during the sex. Also, after that, i had gone for body massage several times. in December, i found a wart on my right foot's finger.
Doctor said this is infection and he electric burned that wart. Again after 2-3 weeks, wart reappeared at same location and also appeared in my hand’s finger. again doctor did the same therapy to remove the warts.

Then after 2 months, again two warts appeared on my right side foot. That time i consulted with skin specialist, He told me this is a HPV virus. and he had given a lotion to apply on warts. I applied that lotion and warts were removed.

In July, I returned back to my country, Now,i am still having pain in my leg and i am not able to walk on the floor without shoes,

i consulted with several doctors and have done all the tests including ELSA HIV I & II , All tests are negative.
Doctor says, everything is normal in my body.

But i am still worried...because i m going to get married in couple of months. i am scared about my future...

Please suggest me urgently.....what should i do.....

Thanks a ton in advance  
Hi Rik, the warts on hands and feet are caused by a viral infection in the skin. Mostly, children are affected with warts on these locations and they are not sexually transmitted... you just have to keep your infected are covered in order not to spread it to others... most over-the-counter treatments give great results but you should use those with a doctor's advise... these warts are nothing of more concern but you should get these treated... the recurrance of these warts in your case is indicative of the fact that the warts are not properly treated and you might need to keep treating the area even if the wart is completely gone so that the virus at the base of wart is killed...
hi naveed....sorry for wrong response....thanks a lot for ur gr8 advise....doc treated my all warts, those were appeared on my feet and hand...but still...after 2-3 months...my brother has same wart on his foot....that time i did have any wart on my body...i worried that still..virus is in my body...and that infected my brother.....now i m too much worried about my future..becoz i m planing to get married in next 2-3 months...i worried about my marriage life and other aspects....pls help..in this regard ....

also, i am feelin a lot of pain in my right leg....i had warts on the same...but now i have no warts..but still..pain is there..walking in became painful for me......

Also, one wart appeared on my palm...i am using Duoflim to remove the same...
i am feeling a lot of pain in my hand .....i m very much confused....what will heppen with me..or my family......pls help .....really appreciate ur advise......
thanks a ton....
First thing is that you are dealing with a strain of hpv that is extremely common and usually sheds over at its own in 6-24 months... the duofilm by stiefel laboratory contains 16.7% of salicylic acid which is one of the most recommended treatement... you have to be extra cautious while apply duofilm on your wart so that it does not hurt your normal healthy skin... a littel irritation, burning & pain is part of the healing process... you've to keep your warts covered all the time with some bandaid or tape... Are you following the instructions of the application, soak your wart in warm water for several minutes, give it a rub, apply duofilm, let it dry and cover it with some bandaid or tape... covering is most important so that you don't spread it to others...

what i can tell you is that due to these warts there wouldn't be any issues with your marriage... i'm saying "no" for every issues you might be scared of... the recurrance of warts is indicative of your weaker immune system that might be unable to fight off the infection completely.... adopt a healthy life style... take vitamins, excercise regularly, eat right and have a good sleep...

Just get rid of these warts and go get married... :-)
Hi Naveed......thanks a lot for ur suggestions and advise....actually...now i have no warts on my body.....but still  i am feeling a lot of pain in my right leg and planter area.....
i had plantar wart in right leg ...i used Duoflim to remove the same...but still...pain is increasing..its affecting my right side of body....i m very much confused....i m worried a lot....is there anything still in my body... because according to doctor and u....plantar warts should go away after applying treatment....but this pain is causing me a lot of worry....also..unfortunatly my brother also get a plantar wart on right side....i m worried that i m spreading virus to my whole family....also if i get marry...my wife will get infected...also..what is future.....with this wart....pls...pls...help.......