Post HPV Sexual Activity
I am a 20 year old gay male, diagnosed with HPV genital warts in and around my anus in April, since then i've been using Aldara topically to treat them as well as had my gardasil shots, taking many immune boosting vitamins etc and I am confident now in saying that my infection seems to have completely cleared up (can only be so sure what with the visible access to the area).

My question is, how long is safe to wait before receiving anal sex from my partner? I've heard 3 monthes is safe to assume no reoccurrence and ive also hears 6 monthes to up to two years.
Of course protected sex would be the start but is unprotected ever going to be an option?
FOR MEN YOUR LOOKING AT TWO YEARS NO SEX OK :)
Disagree with Drifter. If you go over to the doctor's forum, they say 3-6 months with no visible warts is best. After 6 months of no warts, unsafe sex is an option but this has been confirmed to cause re-occurrences. So I would wait at least a year of no warts before doing that. Do get a proctologist to confirm that you have no more inside you.