Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Prescribed Aldara 5 times a week?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Prescribed Aldara 5 times a week?

So here is my story. I was prescribed Aldara and told to take it 5 times a week for up to 3 months. This was October 23rd. I did so Monday-Friday for 4 weeks and felt like they were getting smaller, but had to take a week off due to some skin irritation. (left on too long). I then resumed. I tried to avoid the internet before because I of all the conflicting information, and now see the one thing thats always the same is that it's prescribed almost exclusively 3 times a week for 16 weeks. Was my doctor wrong? No bash at all but it was a walk in clinic. Also should I switch to the 3 times a week? or since i've been doing 5 would my body not react as well with 3?

I have around 16-20 very small warts, nothing bigger then a few mm. Seems like they were getting smaller, got a little bigger during the break, and are now getting a little smaller, or at least changing color. I. HATE. HPV. Should 5 times a week for this long have solved it? I feel people report results within 6 weeks or not at all, am I wrong?

Thanks for any replies at all, but I hope someone with a medical background could help me with the dosage!
Normaly it is applied 3 times per week, for either 12 or 16 weeks.doesnt work for all people. I tried it and it did nothing,didn't even get the common skin irratition.The thing with HPV is you may have to try different treatments to find out what works for your particular case. I tried Cryo,Aldara and Surgery,all did nothing. For me, TCA treatments worked great.As far as getting an answer from anyone including Doctors, they are all over the place with answers. HPV is still a Virus with no clear cut answers .